DOWNLOAD THE AGENDA
– version 21/01/21, 13 pages
This high-level event was hosted by the European Commission Directorate-General for International Partnerships and the Government of Slovenia, with the support of the Government of Portugal as the Presidency of the Council of the European Union. It addressed to policy-makers, decision-makers and stakeholders who can contribute to ensuring the availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
The online event stretched over four days, with high-level panels, thematic sessions and networking opportunities to facilitate contacts between participants with common interests who wish to foster ongoing or future cooperation.
Seven technical sessions on various water-related topics will be flanked by a high-level opening and closing session led by relevant political leaders. Topics to be discussed include:
- Water as an equaliser: realising impact for human development
- Water as a catalyst for cooperation: fostering trust and peace
- Bridging the financial gap: investing in SDG 6
- The water-climate nexus: how to address the cascading crises
- With knowledge and skills: water as the engine for economic development and jobs
- Water and the Environment: resource management to support nature
- Water as a human right: working towards implementation with all partners
These sessions were co-hosted by prominent European and international partners in the water sector, namely: the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), Women for Water Partnership (WfWP), WaterAid, and Bremen Overseas Research & Development Association (BORDA).