28-29 October 2020. 8am-5pm CEST. LEAP4FNSSA West Africa Workshop.
Strengthening Europe-Africa partnership on Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture (FNSSA) and linking small businesses to existing research and innovation hubs, to test solutions with research funding opportunities and to fuel innovation, are the main objectives of the event.
The event will be divided in four thematic sessions and will involve farmers’ associations, research institutions, donors and policy makers. Special attention will be dedicated to 25 young innovators (previously selected through a specific “call for innovative ideas” carrying their solutions to mitigate the socio-economic and environmental impacts of pandemics on FNSSA.
Register online here!
Extracts of the programme
Read/download the public concept note [.pdf | 221 KB]
- Moderator: Henning KNIPSCHILD, Federal Office for Agriculture and Food, Germany
- Bernard MALLET, Enhancement of the AU-EU Funders Alliance: the case of LEAP Agri and LEAP 4 FNSSA, Agence National de la Recherche, LEAP Agri Coordinator, France
- Stefan A. HAFFNER, The LEAP4FNNSA Sorting House Mechanism and Network in the Programme and Innovation Management Cycle (PIMC), German Aerospace Center (DLR-PT), Germany
- Dr. Irene ANNOR-FREMPONG, African Science Agenda, Director Research and Innovation, Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa, FARA
- Dr. Abdou TENKOUANO, Food Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture Research Demand in West Africa, CORAF Executive Director
- Ernest AUBEE, From National Policies to a Regional Agricultural Investment Programme (RAIP) – Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS
- Dr. Sylvie LEWICKI, Mapping of research agenda within the Sahel Alliance, Regional Director of CIRAD in West Africa
- Dr. Hamidou Hamadou TAMBOURA, Sahel Alliance – Declaration, Fonds National de la Recherche et de l’Innovation pour le Devéloppement (FONRID), Burkina Faso
- Krishan BHEENICK, Setting up the West Africa network within the Programme and Innovation Management Cycle (PIMC), Lead Specialist, Capacity Development, FARA Expert
- Moumini SAVADOGO, West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL) Rapporteur: Jackie KADO, Network of African Science Academies, Kenya
- Moderator: Jonas MUGABE, Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa FARA, Ghana
- Clement KANDODO, Minimizing post-harvest losses by cold storage and cold chain logistics. FarmRide, Malawi
- Claire REID and Orin ROESSTORFF, Better use of available resources and space by using an incubator app and other emerging technologies, Reel Life NPC, South Africa
- Ibrahim ABDULMALIK, Improving sales for retailers and space owners, FARMULA, Kenya
- Zikiru SHAIBU, E-extension service delivery to smallholders along the pineapple value chain, YICT4Ag, Ghana
- Rachel Gakii ANANGA, Vertical gardens to maximize food production, Mitsa elengos ltd, Kenya
- Prof. Mary OBODAI, Director, CSIR-Food Research Institute, Ghana
- Rapporteur: Victoria KATSAROU, Knowledge and Innovation Intermediaries, Greece