9-10 September 2020. The Africa-EU AERAP science platform organised a virtual conference entitled
The meeting brought together scientists, innovators, networks policymakers and other stakeholders. The AERAP platform has been in existence since 2012. South Africa and its partner countries host the SKA. AERAP has widened its scope beyond radio astronomy sciences to serve as an engagement platform for Africa-EU wider science collaboration.
Download the full agenda.
Recording and presentations forthcoming.
The second day discussed funding and cooperation instruments with:
- Martina de Sole APRE, Italy
- Hans Jörg Lutzeyer EU Africa R&I Partnership on Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture
- Trish Scanlan CEO, Their Lives Matter, Tanzania
- Shadrack Moephuli CEO, Agriculture research Council, South Africa
- Leonard Mizzi DG DEVCO, European Commission, Belgium
- Marina Martinez Spanish Office for Science and Technology
- Nigel Healey University of Limerick