The Global Water Partnership (GWP) is contributing to the development of a 2-part webinar series on farmer-led irrigation (FLI), in partnership with the World Bank, the International Water Management Institute, and the Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute. The first Webinar was held on 11 June 2020: WEBINAR: Accelerating Inclusive farmer-led irrigation and Reaching Scale: Key Considerations
In this webinar, the question was raised on how accelerating FLI development can be sustainable and inclusive.
- How do we ensure water security whilst supporting agricultural economic development?
- What are the incentives across actors within food systems to support sustainable use of water resources?
- How do we ensure that water access remains equitable to all water users?
- What is the role of institutions and regulations to safeguard and stimulate water stewardship?
- Armand Houanye, Global Water Partnership West Africa (GWP West Africa)
- Petra Schmitter, International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
- Shilp Verma, International Water Management Institute (IWMI-TATA)
- Dave D’Haeze, Hanns R. Neumann Foundation
- Claudia Ringler, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
- Barbara Van Koppen, Rural Water Supply Network and IWMI
- Sarah Keener, Water Global Practice of the World Bank Group
- Peter McCornick, Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute (DWFI)
- Peter Repinski, Global Water Partnership (GWP)
- Regassa Namara, Water Global Practice of the World Bank Group
- Joy Busolo, WRG Africa of the World Bank Group