3 December 2020. Towards the 2021 UN Summit on Food Systems: An enhanced Africa-Europe partnership on sustainable agriculture
03/12. 15:00 CEST. Africa Europe Strategy Group on Agriculture – Inception Meeting. This event is exclusively for members of the Africa Europe Strategy Groups.
The UN Food Systems Summit ahead of us is a unique opportunity to bring Africa and Europe together and advance a common agenda for sustainable agriculture that benefits to farmers and soils.
- How can government, business and civil society across Africa and Europe work together throughout this last Decade of Action to achieve the SDGs and advance a common agenda in preparation for the 2021 UN Food Systems Summit?
- In the context of the African Continental Free trade Area (AfCTFA), how can Africa and Europe reset their trade relationship for it to be fairer and more sustainable?
- What are the difficulties and potential obstacles in making this trade relationship accelerate the intake of sustainable agriculture?
- How can Europe and Africa work together and share best practices to support a number of countries across Africa to achieve ambitious agriculture targets at the scale demanded?
- Ousmane Badiane – Executive Chairperson of AKADEMIYA 2063 and Co-chair of the Africa-Europe Strategy Group on Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems
- Jocelyn Brown Hall – Deputy Regional Representative for the Regional Office for Africa at the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Africa Europe Strategy Groups
- #AfricaEuropeDays – Accelerating Sustainable Energy for All: Africa-Europe relations post-covid and in the face of the climate emergency
- About the EU-Africa High-Level Group
- 4th High Level Group Meeting – Forging an Africa-Europe Climate Alliance: green transition, sustainable energy and agriculture
- Debating Africa- EU Series – Creating a mutually beneficial partnership for Africa-Europe: Building a greener and fairer future
- Event – Accelerating Sustainable Energy for All: Africa-Europe relations post-covid and in the face of the climate emergency