The African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) will take on the AgriHack project of the Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA).
Launched in 2014 by the Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA), and supported by partners including incubators, the start-up competition has seen winners raise more than €2.5 million, reaching at least a million farmers with their services. These have involved various technologies, from e-commerce platforms to artificial intelligence, and have facilitated market linkages, advisory services, financial services or supply chain management.
With CTA preparing to close at the end of this year, the entrepreneurship project, which includes the Pitch AgriHack competition, will be handed over to the African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF), the flagship annual summit for African agriculture.
The competition will form part of the Forum’s ongoing efforts to inspire greater coordinated investment and support for digital entrepreneurship across the sector.
- Moderator Amanda Namayi, GoGettaz Lead – Generation Africa, AGRF
- Chris Addison, Food and Agriculture Organization
- Ken Lohento, Snr. Program Coordinator Digital Agriculture and Youth Entrepreneurship, CTA
- Naledi Magowe Co-founder of Brastorne Enterprises, a Pitch AgriHack 2016 winner
- Thomas Festerling, CFO of GreenTec Capital Partners
- Wole Odetayo, Co-Founder/Executive Director Wennovation Hub Initiative Ltd
- Dr. Adebisi Araba, Managing Director, AGRF
- Dr. Ibrahim Khadar, CTA Director