9 June 2020. 18:30- 20:00 CET. Climate-Resilient Development and Transformative Food Systems in the Covid19 era. Co-organized by several UNFCCC observers, including Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation, ProVeg International, Loyola Marymount University, Sustainability Health Education (SHE) Foundation, the Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN), and UN Environment Program (UNEP).
These webinars aim to create a ‘solutions space’ to share lessons learned from the Covid19 crisis, in a world challenged by the compounded impacts of Climate Change on Health, Malnutrition and Equity.
Experts, innovators and visionaries identified short and long term climate resilient development pathways, for transformative and equitable food systems, that can contribute to One Health Planetary Health, Resilience and Just Transitions.
- Dr. David Nabarro (WHO Special Envoy on COVID 19),
- Dr. Martin Frick, Ph.D. (UNFCCC, Senior Director for Policy),
- Dr. Musonda Mumba (UNEP Chief Terrestrial Ecosystems),
- Steve Chiu (Youth Representative to the UN, Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation).
- Hosted by Dr. Cristina Tirado (IPCC Lead Author).
Planned webinars over the summer include:
- Climate Change, Food Security and Covid-19: challenges and opportunities (16 June)
- Food systems Resilience: lessons learned from COVID-19
- Transformative and Equitable food systems: towards One Health & Planetary health
- Transitioning into Sustainable and Healthy Diets
- Growth after Covid19: A Just Transition.