The main objective of these technical webinars is to give practitioners the opportunity to interact with international experts, United Nations officers, University professors, researchers and fellow participants, throughout the world. Webinars can be attended as interactive online sessions on Zoom, where sharing perspectives and asking questions to experts is encouraged. These sessions are also recorded and therefore available at any time, through the FAO elearning Academy: elearning.fao.org.
- Define the risks and uncertainties brought by climate change
- Recognize the loss of biodiversity caused by climate change
- Illustrate examples of climate smart agriculture as a response to increasing climate change issues
- Federica Matteoli – Natural Resources Officer @FAO
- Philippe Lemanceau – Senior Scientist INRAE
- Philippe Lemanceau is a senior scientist at INRAE. He has coordinated a large EU project (EcoFINDERS) aimed at characterizing the biodiversity (i.e., microbiota & fauna) of European soils, their functioning and the provision of ecosystem services. He has also organized the first Global Soil Biodiversity Conference in Dijon, and held editorial responsibilities in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Cristina Petracchi – Leader @FAO eLearning Academy