For the past five years, USAID’s Biodiversity Results and Integrated Development Gains Enhanced (BRIDGE) Project has supported the second goal of USAID’s Biodiversity Policy, to “integrate biodiversity as an essential component of human development.” BRIDGE collaborates with USAID missions and regional and technical bureaus to identify and promote integrated programming approaches and contribute to the evidence base for integration.
- Moderated by Derick Brinkerhoff, Distinguished Fellow Emeritus, RTI International with an introduction by Kyle Rearick, Forestry and Biodiversity Advisor, U.S. Agency for International Development.
- Suzanne Kelly-Lyall, Senior Technical Consultant, Political Economy Analysis, Integra, LLC.
- Rachel Kleinfeld, Senior Fellow, Democracy, Conflict, and Governance Program, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Diane Russell, President, SocioEcological Strategies, Inc.
Join the conversation on Twitter at @NewSecurityBeat. You can find more coverage of these issues on the blog, NewSecurityBeat.org.Please note: This is a webcasted event. The live stream is available on this webpage
5 May 2020. Health, Nutrition, and Ecosystem Services
- Moderated by Shawn Baker, Chief Nutritionist, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), with an introduction by Jeff Haeni, Acting Deputy Assistant Administrator, Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment, USAID.
- Barbara Best, Former Senior Coastal Resource Management and Policy Specialist, USAID
- Amy Ickowitz, Team Leader, Sustainable Landscapes & Livelihoods, Center for International Forestry Research
- Taylor Ricketts, Professor and Director, Gund Institute for Environment, University of Vermont