This webinar on delivering food for Africa in a transforming agri-food systems in the ‘new normal’ deliberated on the need to: (i) Re-contextualise support for enhancing productivity and marketing systems for smallholder farmers; (ii) Innovations for delivering agricultural advisory services to farmers to enable them make smart decisions; (iii) Innovations for reducing logistical bottlenecks and enhancing e-commerce; and (iv) Innovations for multiple agricultural and social protection interventions.
- Dr. Agnes Kalibata, President, AGRA, Nairobi-Kenya
- Dr. Simeon Ehui, Regional Director for Sustainable Development for Africa, World Bank Washington D.C
- Hon. Dr. Owusu-Afriye Akoto, Minister for Food and Agriculture, Government of Ghana, Accra-Ghana
- Prof. Abebe Haile-Gabriel, FAO Assistant Director-General and Regional Representative for Africa, Accra –Ghana
- Dr. Godfrey Bahiigwa, Director, Department of Rural Economy and Agriculture, African Union Commission, Addis Ababa- Ethiopia
- Discussant: Prof Frans Swanepoel, University of Pretoria, South Africa