19 August 2020. Effective private sector engagement in extension and advisory services: Engaging youth and the private sector in extension and agricultural advisory.
Webinar session 1: August 5, 03:00 PM (Nairobi)
Webinar session 2: August 19, 2020 03:00 PM (Nairobi)
The event brought together experts, practitioners, researchers, and funding partners to share, discuss and learn about issues of extension and advisory services in East Africa. The key messages and lessons will be documented into policy briefs that will be shared with East Africa policy makers to inform the extension policy agenda.
- George Chemining’wa, Chairman, KeFAAS
- Silim Mohammed Nahdy, Partnerships, Executive Director, AFAAS.
- Kristin Davis, Senior Research Fellow, Development Strategy and Governance Division, IFPRI and Project Co-Director, DLEC
- Linking farmers to quality inputs and advisory – Odede Ochieng, Sidai
- Providing mechanization services Jehiel Oliver, Founder and CEO, Hello Tractor
- Linking farmers to market Josephine Miingi, Founder and CEO, Building Rural Incomes Through Entrepreneurship (BRiTEN)
- Village Agent Model in Uganda John Ariko Okelai, Lecturer, Makerere University Business School, Agribusiness Consultant and Researcher