9 June 2020. The Global Framework on Water Scarcity in Agriculture (WASAG) hosted by the FAO Land and Water Division organised its fourth webinar under the title: Bridging financing gaps for Nationally Determined Contributions in agriculture under climate change.
The Finance working group of WASAG organized this webinar to share the WASAG’s Framework on Financing Mechanisms. This Framework aims to identify and support new approaches to finance water for agriculture. These approaches will inform the work undertaken in the WASAG working groups to ensure an aligned approach across WASAG projects and activities.
- The value of a WASAG working group on Financing Mechanisms – Pieter Waalewijn (World Bank)
- The WASAG Framework on Financing Mechanisms+ case study – Mr Daniel Zimmer (Climate- KIC) Unlocking finance to address water scarcity: proposed framework
- Case study of Niger – Ms Audrey Nepveu De Villemarceau (IFAD) Family farming in the context of climate change
- Case study of India – Ms Stuti Sharma (World Bank) Financing the micro irrigation value chainA presentation on Indian case studies by Stuti Sharma – World Bank
- Case study of Italy – Ms Raffaella Zucaro (Italy Coordination Group) The adaptation of agricultural sector to climate change – A presentation on Italian case studies by Raffaella Zucaro – Italy Coordination Group