26 October 2020. The aim of the Grant Writing Day 2020 was to provide PHD students at the University of Ghent/Belgium with information and support that will help them in their grant writing, and to connect them with relevant experts. The event consisted of four interactive workshops on specific types of funding (FWO postdoctoral fellowships, Development Cooperation funding, ERC Starting Grants, and MSCA Innovative Training Networks). The last panel was about some of the peculiarities of funding for Global Challenges/University Development Cooperation/Capacity Building projects. The sessions is aimed at professors or postdocs that want to apply for funding to financers such as VLIR-UOS, EuropeAid, EDCTP, Bill&Melinda Gates foundation, Erasmus+, etc.
- Welcome and introduction Dr.Nancy Terryn- Research Coordination Office- Partnerships Global South
- Keynote speaker : Mr. Francois Stepman (co-organiser Platform for African – European Partnership in Agricultural Research for Development, PAEPARD & Knowledge Sharing and Communication Cluster Expert “Advisory Services for Resilient Agri-Food Systems – ASRAFS”: “Writing grants for Global South partnerships, the differences and challenges for academics compared to writing for a research project”
- Prof. Bruno Levecke (Fac.Veterinary Medicine UGent ) “Experiences with funding from the B&M Gates foundation and how to link this with traditional FWO research funding”
- Delfien Cloet (Department of Educational Policy UGent, International Relations Office) : “Erasmus Capacity Building for higher Education, how to successfully submit”
- Nancy Terryn (Research Co-ordination Office UGent / Partnerships Global South ) : “VLIR-UOS and its Theory of Change”