Expert Workshop on Food Systems Resilience in Africa and Europe coordinated by the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) and supported by University of Copenhagen and Wageningen University, all in the LEAP4FNSSA- Long-term Europe-Africa Partnership for Food.
The Long-term Europe-Africa Partnership for Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture (LEAP4FNSSA) has undertaken a study on Food Systems Resilience with the objective of making recommendations that could shape future policies in bi-regional (Africa-Europe) collaboration on research and innovation (R&I). University of Hohenheim led the Study Team, and has submitted the study report.
- Introducing the LEAP4FNSSA and the Food Systems Resilience theme.
- Presentation of the Study Report – by the Study Team (led by Hohenheim University)
- Commentaries from the Invited Experts Comments from the FNSSA Working Group
- Moderated discussion and Q&A (including Break Out Groups) Synthesis and Conclusion
- Moderator Dr. Kwesi Atta-Krah Director Country and Regional Engagement International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Dr. Carolin Callenius Managing Director of the Hohenheim Research Center for Global Food Security and Ecosystems (GFE), University of Hohenheim
- Dr. Thomas PircherProgram Officer, Hohenheim Research Center for Global Food Security and Ecosystems (GFE), University of Hohenheim
- Dr. Karen TiedeUniversity of Hohenheim Research Centre for Global Food Security and Ecosystems
- Prof. Julian D. MayDirector of the NRF-DST Centre of Excellence in Food Security at the University of the Western Cape, South Africa
- Dr. Bart de Steenhuijsen PitersSenior Expert in the field of inclusive food systems, Wageningen University, Netherlands
- Dr. Victor Ajieroha Senior Programs Officer, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Nigeria Country Office
- Dr. Sandrine DuryAgricultural Economist, Centre of Agricultural Research for Development (Cirad), Montpellier, France
- Dr. Bussie Maziya-Dixon Crop Utilization and Nutrition Specialist; International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, Ibadan, Nigeria
- Closing Keynote speaker Dr. Jemimah NjukiDirector for Africa IFPRI
The database is a work in progress, and contains projects in the area of FNSSA, funded by the European Commission (EC) framework programmes such as Horizon 2020, as well as the African Union Research Grants. In addition, the database also contains a number of relevant projects from other EU DGs, and from various national funders within the EU. The projects all have participants from countries in Africa and Europe in cooperation. Information included in the database is collected from external sources and curated with care, but minor inaccuracies may occur.