17 May 2021. Accelerating the Impact of CGIAR Climate Research for Africa (AICCRA) is a new initiative that will enhance access to climate information services and validated climate-smart agriculture technologies in Africa.
With the support of AICCRA projects, farmers and livestock keepers will be able to better anticipate climate-related events and take preventative actions, with better access to climate advisories linked to information about effective response measures. This will help communities better safeguard their livelihoods and the environment.
It is supported by a grant from the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank, and will enhance research and capacity-building activities by the CGIAR and its partners.
This webinar introduced AICCRA’s objectives, its implementation plan and expected impact of the project, which will run from 2021 to 2023. Focus: Ghana, Senegal, Mali, Kenya, Ethiopia, Zambia.
- Introduction by MC Sithembile Mwamakamba, Director, Policy Research and Analysis, Food Agriculture and Natural Resources Policy Analysis Network (FANRPAN)
- Welcoming remarks Juergen Voegele, Vice President for Sustainable Development, The World Bank
- Juan Lucas Restrepo, Director General, Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT – CGIAR
- Simeon Ehui, Regional Director for Sustainable Development for Africa, The World Bank
- Bruce Campbell, Director, CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) – Accelerating the Impact of CGIAR Climate Research for Africa (AICCRA): Mobilizing science and innovation for the benefit of agricultural development in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Daniel Asare-Kyei, CEO, Esoko
- Keiso Matashane-Marite, Gender Affairs Officer, Gender, Equality & Women’s Empowerment Section, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa
- Victor Mugo, Country Coordinator, CSA Youth Network Kenya
- Mandefro Nigussie, Chief Executive Officer, Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA)
- Claudia Sadoff, Executive Management Team Convener and Managing Director, Research Delivery and Impact, CGIAR – Closing remarks