9 February 2021. Making Food systems Equitable: An African Dialogue on Gender & Food Systems
by IFPRI AFRICA This dialogue is one in a series of regional dialogues to discuss how we can achieve gender equality in food systems.
This dialogue is one in a series of regional dialogues to discuss how we can achieve the triple goal of gender equality, sustainable and healthy food systems. It will bring together scientists, farmers and farmer organizations, policy makers, consumers, private sector and others to discuss and share solutions on guaranteeing land rights for women, rural women’s economic empowerment, women’s voice and decision making in food systems, bridging the gender technology gap and more.
- a set of solutions and commitments for gender equality in food systems
- an African position on what commitments are needed to achieve gender equality in food systems for the UN Food Systems Summit (iii) a community of practice to advance commitments on gender equality in food systems.
- Dr Jemimah Njuki, Custodian, Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment, UNFSS 2021
- Dr Wanjiru Kamau Rutenberg, AWARD
- Ms Beatrice Gakuba-AWAN
- Ms Sabdiyo Dido, AGRA
- Ms Elizabeth Nsimadala, PAFO