This InfoPoint conference co-organised between the European Commission and Agrinatura showed perspective on the role of research and education to contribute to the green transformation of food systems, in order to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals and in line with the European Green Deal.
Agrinatura has a longstanding partnership with universities and research organisations in Africa. In this event Research and Education partners in Europe and Africa reflected with colleagues of the European Commission on the contribution of Research and Education to transform the Food Systems and showcasing the need and efficiency of international cooperation and partnership.
Agrinatura has prepared two papers for discussion:
- Agrinatura’s position on the future of global food systems in relation the EC’s Farm to Fork Strategy (3 pages)
- Agrinatura Position on Research and Innovation in Food Systems, a contribution to the dialogues preparing the UN Food Systems Summit. (5 pages)
During the InfoPoint, Agrinatura presented their perspectives on the role of research and education to contribute to the green transformation of food systems, in order to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals and in line with the European Green Deal.
- Agrinatura presented two papers on lessons learnt and recommendations on the F2F and Food Systems, showcasing the need and efficiency of international cooperation and partnership in the field of agricultural research for development and for a green transformation.
- RUFORUM provided evidence on the strong role that Universities in Africa can have in transformation of food systems on the continent.
- The LEAP4FNSSA (Long-term Europe-Africa Research and Innovation Partnership for Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture) project, represented by FARA, explained the benefits and results of their platform for a close long-term collaboration between different stakeholders of Europe and Africa in the field of research and innovation
- On Capacity4Dev the discussion is continued : https://europa.eu/capacity4dev/hunger-foodsecurity-nutrition
- Leonard Mizzi, Head of Unit F3, Sustainable Agri-Food Systems and Fisheries, DG INTPA
- Carolyn Glynn, President Agrinatura and Head of Department Crop Production Ecology at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Adipala Ekwamu, Executive Secretary, RUFORUM
- Marc Duponcel, Head of Research Sector, Research and Innovation, European Commission, DG AGRI
- Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director, FARA