17 February 2021. Community Engagement Days – Community engagement for empowerment: key for people-centred rural transformation? This webinar launched a series of five webinars called “Community Engagement Days” organised by the Inclusive Rural Transformation and Gender Equity Division (ESP) of FAO in collaboration with the Belgian Cooperation.
- Marcela Villarreal, Director, PSU
- Maximo Torero Cullen, Chief Economist
- H.E. Frank Carruet, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Belgium to the Rome-based United Nations Agencies (FAO, WFP, IFAD)
- Evariste Bushabu Bopeming, Secretary General, Ministry of Agriculture, Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Professor Robert Chambers, Institute of Development Studies (IDS) “Whose reality counts? Participatory approaches and people-centered development”
- Professor Katherine Gibson, Professor, Western Sydney University How can community-based approaches to gender equity contribute to rural transformation?
- Ali Abdoulaye, Dimitra Clubs’ Expert West Africa, ESP Community engagement for endogenous development
- David Archer, Head of Participation and Public Services, ActionAid Shifting power through processes of reflection and action