FIAN (2021) Recovering the Cycle of Wisdom: Beacons of Light Toward the Right to Seeds. Working Group on Agricultural Biodiversity of the International Planning Committee for Food Sovereignty (IPC), FIAN International and Centro Internazionale Crocevia, March 2021, 75 pp.
This online event presented a new guide and provided a space to share views on the state, challenges and opportunities to realize peasants’ and Indigenous Peoples’ right to seeds.
Presentation of the new guide “Recovering the Cycle of Wisdom: Beacons of Light Toward the Right to Seeds.”
- Welcome and opening remarks: Ms. Alimata Traoré, Convergence des Femmes Rurales pour la Souveraineté Alimentaire (Mali)/IPCMr.
- Michael Fakhri, UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food
- Mr. Kent Nnadozie, ITPGRFA Secretary
- Ms. Modester Kachapila Milinyu, Malawi Plant Genetic Resources Centre
- Mr. Tanmay Joshi, La Via Campesina/IPC
- Mr. Mourtala Issa Zakari, National Institute for Agronomic Research of Niger
- Ms. Maryam Rahmanian, International Panel of Experts on Sustainable Food Systems (IPES-Food)