COVID-19 has led to an unprecedented global response through expanded social safety nets, as countries struggle to mitigate the health and economic risks related to the virus and accompanying lockdowns. Gains made in the fight against poverty, food insecurity, and malnutrition in the last decade are threatened, requiring a vigorous policy response.
- Opening Remarks – Frank Place, Director, CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions and Markets
- Akhter Ahmed, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Ugo Gentilini, Senior Economist, Social Protection and Jobs Global Practice, World Bank Group
- Jessica Leight, Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Tigist Mamo, SPIR Health and Nutrition Technical Lead, World Vision
- Mamunur Rashid, Programme & Policy Officer, World Food Programme -Bangladesh
- Moderator: Daniel Gilligan, Deputy Director, Poverty, Health, and Nutrition Division, IFPRI