3 August 2020. The Global Panel on Agriculture and Food Systems for Nutrition launched its latest policy brief, Strengthening food systems in fragile contexts. (15 pages)
This policy brief seeks to stimulate international development organisations, governments, and other stakeholders, to realign policies within fragile contexts to ensure that diet and nutrition are improved, whilst also building more sustainable, resilient food systems.
Global food systems and nutrition experts who will discuss policy priorities for strengthening food
systems in humanitarian crises.
Follow the conversation on Twitter using #Food Systems in #FragileContexts during the webinar. 750 persons attended this webinar.
More info and agenda available here
- Prof Sandy Thomas – Global Panel Director
- Sir John Beddington – Global Panel Co-Chair and former Chief Scientific Adviser to the UK Government.
“The latest foresight report of the Global Panel will be published end of August”
- Ute Klamert – Assistant Executive Director (Partnerships and Governance) at WFP
- Prof Patrick Webb – Global Panel Technical Adviser on: ‘Strengthening food systems in fragile contexts’
- Sir Mark Lowcock – UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs on: ‘The need for a cross-sectoral response’
- Coumba Sow – Subregional Coordinator for Resilience, West Africa and the Sahel, FAO
- Dr Mohamed Abdi Farah – SUN Focal Point, Government of Somalia
- Michael Dunford – WFP Regional Director, East Africa