18 March 2021. Strengthening the transatlantic cooperation for research and innovation in the agri-food system event hosted by The Chicago Council on Global Affairs.
The Transatlantic Dialogue on the agri-food system will be held in conjunction with FFA’s international partner, the Chicago Council on Global Affairs. It will focus on existing and potential areas of collaboration on research and innovation between the European Union and the United States, particularly with respect to the digitalisation of food and agriculture, climate resilience, environmental protection, and healthy diets.
In addition to representatives from the E.U. and U.S. government / legislative institutions, panelists will also include stakeholders from industry agri-food and from civil society, who are already contributing to the transatlantic research and innovation agenda in this area.
- Michael DoaneGlobal Managing Director for Sustainable Food and Water, The Nature Conservancy
- Dan GlickmanDistinguished Fellow, Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Galina Peycheva-MitevaBulgarian farmer, landowner and activist
- Florian SchattenmannChief Technology Officer and VP, Innovation and R&D, Cargill
- Nicolae Ștefănuță MEPMember of the European Parliament, Vice-President of the Delegation for relations with the United States & Member of the Committee on Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
- Peggy YihManaging Director, Center on Global Food and Agriculture, Chicago Council on Global Affairs