Transformation in Africa’s agriculture will happen only when technology gets to the end users. FARA is therefore supporting the translation of research into products for commercialisation, and this is done as an enabler compact within the context of the AfDB funded Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) program. After two years of providing support in setting up innovation platforms, carrying our TAAT training of trainers TAAT workshops and packaging TAAT technologies for scaling, it’s time to inventories technologies that are ripe for the market.
As the designated institution charged with the Capacity Development and Technology Outreach (CDTO), a crucial element is identification, packaging and presentation of technologies from the different Compacts. Using the electronic platform, we are rolling out a series of webinars to take stock of these technologies that will enhance transformation in the respective commodity sectors.
The inaugural webinar addressed the following:
- How can we translate Africa’s agricultural research into products for commercialization?
- Can a market systems approach lead to rapid technology adoption by the end users?
- What are the agri-preneurship opportunities within the TAAT value chains that can trigger industrialization?
- Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo; Executive Director- Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA)
- Dr. Jonas Chianu; Chief Agricultural Economist/Coordinator: TAAT – African Development Bank
- Facilitated by: Dr. Irene Annor Frempong; Director Research and Innovations – Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA)
- Dr. Robin Buruchara: Advisor – Pan-Africa Bean Research Alliance (PABRA)
- Dr. Innocent Musabyimana: TAAT Clearing House – International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Dr. Oumou Camara; Regional Director (North and West) – International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
- Dr. Jacques Wery: Deputy Director General – International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA)