- Sami Khan, CDC Group Plc, discuss how the pandemic has impacted on DFI investment and the performance of agricultural value chains in Africa. He also explored the challenges on the horizon, and how investors could… more
- Dr Martin Fregene, African Development Bank, explored how the pandemic has impacted on agricultural value chains in Africa and the most appropriate responses investors can make.
- Sheila K Mugyenzi, Uganda Investment Authority, evaluated how the pandemic has impacted the performance of, and investment in, the agricultural sector in Uganda.
- The series is aimed at investors, investor supporting institutions and a range of groups that have a direct impact on the investor climate for agri-business.
- The topics and design of the series showcase solutions to the most common challenges in agri-business for inclusive growth and support investment facilitation in agriculture in emerging markets.
- Each webinar lasts 60 minutes and take place on the last Wednesday of the month.
Webinar 1: Stronger, Greener and Fairer Recovery: The Investment Response
28 October 2020, This webinar featured evidence on the impact of concessional finance and the role of government in agri-financing.
Webinar 2: Stronger, Greener and Fairer Recovery: Beyond the Deal
25 November 2020, This webinar featured reports on rethinking concessional finance and investor T/A.
Webinar 3: The under-served middle in agriculture investing
Webinar 4: Delivering on Regional Agricultural Trade: Considerations for Investors on Inclusive Supply Chains
24 February 2021. This event explored the different dimensions agri-finance providers need to take account of to promote inclusivity in regional trade.
- Background information
- One-pager: Delivering on Regional Agricultural Trade at a glance
- Watch Recording
Webinar 5: Making Inclusivity Work: A role for legal empowerment
The session featured reports from the Empowering Producers in Commercial Agriculture programme on working with farmer groups, including:
- Contracts in commercial agriculture: enhancing rural producer agency;
- Socio-legal empowerment and agency of small-scale farmers in informal markets; and
- Rural Producer Agency and Agricultural Value Chains: What Role for Socio-Legal Empowerment?
- Ben Bowie UK-based non-profit, TMP Public.
- Kumvana Mlumbe is legal manager at Women’s Legal Resources Centre (WOLREC) in Malawi.
- Grahame Dixie is the executive director of Grow Asia. He served as the World Bank’s lead agribusiness advisor,
- Emily Polack is a senior researcher in the Legal Tools Team at IIED.
- Alice Chapple (moderator) is CASA’s investment adviser and she established Impact Value in October 2012.