This seminar brought together perspectives from researchers, civil society, and development assistance in a discussion of the elements of a gender-sensitive covid-19 response. Speakers will share what they have learned from research on the food price crisis and earlier pandemics; experience and insights from grassroots organizations and NGOs in India and Kenya; and views of funding organizations. They also presented an emerging gender research agenda to inform future programmatic and policy responses.
John McDermott, Director, CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH)
- Maureen Miruka, Director, Gender, Youth and Livelihoods, Food and Water Systems, CARE USA
- Reema Nanavaty, Director, Self-Employed Women’s Association (SEWA)
- Agnes Quisumbing, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI (Presentation)
- Claudia Ringler, Deputy Director, Environment and Production Technology Division, IFPRI (Presentation)
- Meredith Soule, Inclusive Development Division Chief, Bureau for Resilience and Food Security, United States Agency for International Development (USAID) (Presentation)