Dr. Adebowale Akande was interviewed during the 2nd African Symposium on Mycotoxicology entitled “Mitigating mycotoxin contamination in the African food and feed chain” (24 – 27 June 2018. Mombasa, Kenya).
He answers following questions:
- What is the business opportunity of modern food technologies?
- Do we need a new attractive label for traditional food?
- What is the potential of geno-typing African crops?
- Is biopiracy a danger?
- Is safe food mainly a concern of the urban upper class?
- What is the market potential of traditional food for the Nigerian Diaspora?