- surface key educational, societal, technological and political drivers and tools to increase engagement of youth in agriculture.
- identify how Sweden can contribute to this, also for the sake of our own Swedish agricultural development: how to support opportunities for developing agribusiness and agricultural production, backstop rural-to-urban youth hemorrhage, and in this process close the yield gap and propel opportunities for developing innovative sustainable practices.
- The workshop should lead to several representatives to contribute to a policy document following points that come up during the workshop.
- Development cooperation and youth in agriculture – Sida’s engagements and perspectives. Ola Möller, Senior Policy Specialist, Sida.
- Global development perspective on agripreneurs programs. Kostas Karantininis, Professor in Business Administration, SLU.
- The IITA Youth Agripreneur Initiative explained, and what possible global interfaces are there? Ylva Hillbur, Pro Vice-Chancellor for International relations at SLU
- Challenges and opportunities from agripreneurship in Africa – First hand experiences. Micael Edler (see picture), Executive Director, Bratt International, Sweden
“It is sad I see so few European colleagues”
In Tanzania, we today contribute with the employment of approximately 350 Africans that have never had a salary before and where we have increased export income to Tanzania through processed cashew nuts and conscious, sustainable tourism.
- ENGAGE – ENGendering AGribusiness Entrepreneurship. Presentation of three new PhD projects. Merezia Wilson, Mohamed Samkunde and Mesia Ilomo, University of Dar-es-Salaam Business School (UDBS) and Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU).
- Young Professionals for Agricultural Development – Ypard. Iana Perevoschikova (see picture), Ypard Russia
- Swedish – East African Chamber of Commerce -SWEACC. Per Olof Seman, board member at SWEACC
- Agripreneurship Alliance: a youth focused approach to food security. Steven Carr, Independent Consultant, Switzerland